Discuss Grooved dry screed boards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Does anyone have experience of using grooved dry screed boards? (Bonus points if on suspended floor)

There seems to be a few brands/products about (ThermRite, Profix, ProWarm), but I can’t see anyone talking about actually using them (literally zero mentions across various forums).

Supposedly you can tile direct onto them, even when just laid over joists. I’m sceptical because they’re only 18mm and grooved so thinner in places.

Given most other buildups are thicker/stiffer, these seem to good to be true.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
The Gypsum boards should never be laid onto joists and then tiled on top of as they aren't structural boards and need to go down onto a solid subfloor like chipboard or screed.

We supply a 18mm Gypsum panel which is designed to be tiled directly onto and have had no issues at all, but again they have to be laid onto a solid subfloor.

Reply to Grooved dry screed boards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks