Search the forum,

Discuss Grooved dry screed boards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Does anyone have experience of using grooved dry screed boards? (Bonus points if on suspended floor)

There seems to be a few brands/products about (ThermRite, Profix, ProWarm), but I can’t see anyone talking about actually using them (literally zero mentions across various forums).

Supposedly you can tile direct onto them, even when just laid over joists. I’m sceptical because they’re only 18mm and grooved so thinner in places.

Given most other buildups are thicker/stiffer, these seem to good to be true.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
The Gypsum boards should never be laid onto joists and then tiled on top of as they aren't structural boards and need to go down onto a solid subfloor like chipboard or screed.

We supply a 18mm Gypsum panel which is designed to be tiled directly onto and have had no issues at all, but again they have to be laid onto a solid subfloor.

Reply to Grooved dry screed boards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen