Search the forum,

Discuss Travertine On Walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

Handyandy2

Can anyone advise on fixing 60 x 40cm travatine to wedi wall board in a shower area.
I now it needs to be white was thinking of using a d2, thanks

S

SJPurdy

you want an s1(flexible) white adhesive. back butter stone also.

Yes definitely white cement based not dispersion.

S1 ( flexible/slightly deformable) is fine but I would have thought just C2 flexible would be sufficient (not criticising just looking for confirmation/other opinions).

Being stone should it not also be rapid set so that any salts are locked into the setting mixture quickly preventing them moving into/through the stone?

H

hmtiling

I, personally, would use an s1 with any backer board and stone and using standard or rapid wouldn't concern me with travertine.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
20160620_105538.jpg

Reply to Travertine On Walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen