Search the forum,

Discuss top row of tiles leave uneven gap by ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Could put a gypliner ceiling up as well, then as suggested plastic or plasterboard ceiling to get it flat

S

stressedoutlady

thank you. am having to look up all these terms - but is all useful. am taking it general consensus is bring ceiling down a bit ratehr than putting some sort of trim. I spent less time choosing the whole bathroom than I have trying to sort this out! thanks people - off to dream of white trims and ceilings!!

W

White Room

Just a link for gypliner Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bubblebobble

Hi, is the runout on the ceiling edge really 12.5 to 50mm ? (1/2 -2 inches).
Looks like the tiling is level, but hard to see actually.

If it were me I wouldve gauged it our so I could have cut to the ceiling; that wouldve disguised the ceiling level quite a bit. Also because your using spots it tends to draw the eye away from the uppermost areas of the room again disguising it even more.

Options I would consider in order of ease are:
find a moulding to hide the gap.( same colour as ceiling of course )
Lower the ceiling; find the low point and have it battened to take up the discrepancy in the ceiling joists, reboard and skim.
That option would take less than a day easily if its no bigger than the average bathroom and shouldnt cost too much.( give the size of the bathroom and I will tell you what it should cost you )

let us know how you get on

G

guppy

very wise words,got to know how the last tile is going in before you put in the first

M

murf

You could also remove the top course of tiles and replace them with a soldier course as a border. turning them 90degrees and cutting into uneven ceiling could look quite effective if done neatly.:thumbsup:

G

garretridge

setting out is a tilers first job if you dont know were the last tile is going before you start then you are asking for trouble. you could take the top row of tiles off then put a border round the room then refit last row cut to the angle of the ceiling or put on pvc ceiling looks good and is cheap and easily cleaned !:thumbsup:

Reply to top row of tiles leave uneven gap by ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen