Search the forum,

Discuss top row of tiles leave uneven gap by ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazebo

Could well be - but without the age of the property it could also be the character of the building.
Why are tilers sounding more like plumbers every day - prepared to criticise other 'tilers' work without seeing or understanding the background to 'unregistered/guest' points of interest.

Timeless John.

It makes me chuckle the way tilers winge about plumbers on here.

You guys must have met some pretty rotten plumbers.

But I understand as I have met some pretty rotten tilers.

Gary
[email protected]

B

bubblebobble

As a building contractor I have come across alot of new builds, conversions that have had terrible run out on the ceilings, this is definatley not uncommon.
However, when tiling such a room with said ceiling as suggested by earlier posters the tiles should be gauged ( setout ) to accomodate the deviation within the room...tis simples!
As also said by previous posters we need pictures of the area in question, maybe a picture of a nib or window, which has been tiled; we can then gauge the quality and competency of said tiler by looking at the way in which he/she has approached the setout etc.
One must also remember that IF the room was so out of plumb/level etc, then it would have been prudent to discuss the tile choice and/or remedies before carrying out the tiling.
HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazebo

Good for you heatybob, so am I, Have you got a good tiler.? or do you do it yourself.?

Hard to find good tilers, as I am sure it's hard to find good plumbers.

S

stressedoutlady

OK i'm back & registered with photos... i'm glad some of you have had a chuckle :smilewinkgrin:

have been looking online for solutions for some sort of coving or trim / edging that might not look too bad. Do you think this sort of thing would work? The website says it would be suitable for bathrooms... i know it says skirting board but could do job maybe?

DX 157 Architrave Moulding - Skirting Board - Interior Architectural Mouldings - House Martin Online

(sorry could only attach thumbnails as image size was too big)

Attachments

• corner.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 220
  • tn.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited by a moderator:
S

stressedoutlady

just worked out how to compress...

Attachments

• compressed.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 202
  • corner.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 194

Reply to top row of tiles leave uneven gap by ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen