Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet stuck!! How do you get those floors screws out? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frogeye

I would have said wd40 then try to tighten first - works on my classic car, but as you have gone past that stage - can you slip a hacksaw blade under the pan? or failing that keep drilling with slightly bigger drills then try to screw out whats left. Would a stud remover fit or one of those jml screw removers? Depends on clearance I guess
Take care though - one turn too many and it will crack - as I found to my cost
best of luck - let us know how you get on

frogeye

G

Gazzer

they should drill out ok as long as you are using a good HSS drill bit. If not then you may be lucky enough to slide a hacksaw blade under the pan and cut through the screws. Last resort would be to chip the concrete away next to the pan to release the screws, it shouldnt make that much damage to the floor and the concrete could be made good with rapid set tile adhesive.

F

frogeye

Just a thought

If you have already drilled the heads off the screws - and if you are in a position to disconnect the toilet from the outlet and remove the cistern - as a last resort - a bit of gentle brute force lifting the pan up wards. The tolerance on the holes in cisterns is pretty wide and with luck it might pull off the remains of the screws?
As I said a last resort solution if you have tried all the others posted

frogeye

Reply to Toilet stuck!! How do you get those floors screws out? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.