Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss To tile before or after wall-hanging the WC? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rgroom

Hi there.

I'm installing a wall-hung WC - it's a Roca Giralda, and I'm using a Geberit Duofix frame for the job.

I've mounted the frame very securely to the outside wall using the supplied thread lockers, so there's absolutely no movement, and then installed a sheet of 12.5mm Aquapanel (cement board) across the front of it to conceal the cistern, and cut out all required holes in it to pass through from the pan. The Aquapanel is in contact with the front of the frame, and I've run A/P screws through into the frame itself into holes I pre-drilled in it, sp the panel is a good secure fit.

The question I have is whether I can lay the tiles (these are floor grade tiles) onto the Aquapanel and then install the pan over them, or whether I'm going to need to fix the pan onto the Aquapanel and then try to cut the tiles to go around it. Obviously I'd far prefer the former, as I can just cut out rough holes for the pipework.

My concern is that the pan sitting on the tiles may cause the tiles to crack...?

Is this likely?

Many thanks in advance!

D

DHTiling

Tile first... A good bed of adhesive and you will have no probs... done loads of them.:thumbsup:

T

TheRealRobG

Fantastic news, thanks guys!

Would you recommend flexi or non-flexi adhesive for this?

D

DHTiling

Hi there.

I'm installing a wall-hung WC - it's a Roca Giralda, and I'm using a Geberit Duofix frame for the job.

I've mounted the frame very securely to the outside wall using the supplied thread lockers, so there's absolutely no movement, and then installed a sheet of 12.5mm Aquapanel (cement board) across the front of it to conceal the cistern, and cut out all required holes in it to pass through from the pan. The Aquapanel is in contact with the front of the frame, and I've run A/P screws through into the frame itself into holes I pre-drilled in it, sp the panel is a good secure fit.

The question I have is whether I can lay the tiles (these are floor grade tiles) onto the Aquapanel and then install the pan over them, or whether I'm going to need to fix the pan onto the Aquapanel and then try to cut the tiles to go around it. Obviously I'd far prefer the former, as I can just cut out rough holes for the pipework.

My concern is that the pan sitting on the tiles may cause the tiles to crack...?

Is this likely?

Many thanks in advance!

Fantastic news, thanks guys!

Would you recommend flexi or non-flexi adhesive for this?

Just so we all know..

Same member.. so all sorted now.

Reaction score
Use one of these to prevent tiles cracking when you hand the toilet. Thank me later.

Interesting! I’ve fitted many a wall hung toilet, directly onto tiles and never had an issue with a tile cracking (always making sure the tiles are well bed), BUT I like the idea of this. Do you use them often? Or always?
Come to think of it I did once purchase for a client an all in one kit (cistern frame, toilet and seat, all in one box) from fluid master and it had one of these foam things in it that was fitted between toilet and tile. Was not really sure what it was there for but fitted it anyway

Reply to To tile before or after wall-hanging the WC? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks