Search the forum,

Discuss To tile before or after wall-hanging the WC? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rgroom

Hi there.

I'm installing a wall-hung WC - it's a Roca Giralda, and I'm using a Geberit Duofix frame for the job.

I've mounted the frame very securely to the outside wall using the supplied thread lockers, so there's absolutely no movement, and then installed a sheet of 12.5mm Aquapanel (cement board) across the front of it to conceal the cistern, and cut out all required holes in it to pass through from the pan. The Aquapanel is in contact with the front of the frame, and I've run A/P screws through into the frame itself into holes I pre-drilled in it, sp the panel is a good secure fit.

The question I have is whether I can lay the tiles (these are floor grade tiles) onto the Aquapanel and then install the pan over them, or whether I'm going to need to fix the pan onto the Aquapanel and then try to cut the tiles to go around it. Obviously I'd far prefer the former, as I can just cut out rough holes for the pipework.

My concern is that the pan sitting on the tiles may cause the tiles to crack...?

Is this likely?

Many thanks in advance!

D

DHTiling

Tile first... A good bed of adhesive and you will have no probs... done loads of them.:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Providing the tiles have a solid bed behind they should be ok to hang the WC on. You'll get a neater finish that way too :thumbsup:

T

TheRealRobG

Fantastic news, thanks guys!

Would you recommend flexi or non-flexi adhesive for this?

D

DHTiling

Hi there.

I'm installing a wall-hung WC - it's a Roca Giralda, and I'm using a Geberit Duofix frame for the job.

I've mounted the frame very securely to the outside wall using the supplied thread lockers, so there's absolutely no movement, and then installed a sheet of 12.5mm Aquapanel (cement board) across the front of it to conceal the cistern, and cut out all required holes in it to pass through from the pan. The Aquapanel is in contact with the front of the frame, and I've run A/P screws through into the frame itself into holes I pre-drilled in it, sp the panel is a good secure fit.

The question I have is whether I can lay the tiles (these are floor grade tiles) onto the Aquapanel and then install the pan over them, or whether I'm going to need to fix the pan onto the Aquapanel and then try to cut the tiles to go around it. Obviously I'd far prefer the former, as I can just cut out rough holes for the pipework.

My concern is that the pan sitting on the tiles may cause the tiles to crack...?

Is this likely?

Many thanks in advance!

Fantastic news, thanks guys!

Would you recommend flexi or non-flexi adhesive for this?

Just so we all know..

Same member.. so all sorted now.

Reply to To tile before or after wall-hanging the WC? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen