Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling under toilet- what prep? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Creeky

Hello all,
tiling bathroom floor. I have searched this forum and established that the best thing to do is tile under the toilet pan. I am pretty sure I have the room to do this. The only concern I have is that the tiles may crack under weight/use of the pan (I have young children that insist on standing on the pan to reach things).

Is there a technique to use to prepare the tiles for the extra weight? Or do I just apply the adhesive in the normal manner?

thanks in advance

C

Creeky

You are most certainly correct Kilty. My concern is the movement that may occur as they jump up/down to the pan. I guess I am also worried that the tiles will crack if not supported correctly (when I am sitting on it)!

S

Stef

It would take longer to cut round the pan than it would to tile the whole floor.
It's a lot neater finish also.

In all the bathroom floors I have tiled I have yet to see a failure where there was too much weight on the pan to break the tile.
I tiled my mates floor & he is 30+ stone!!

D

DHTiling

The easiest method is to control those kids .. ? .. standing and jumping on your toilet is dangerous and stupid..

Back to the job , if the tiles are solid bedded then they will take more weight than a toilet with anyone sat or jumping on it .

Reply to Tiling under toilet- what prep? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen