Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Over Victorian Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

ExplodingPudding

Good Evening all,

I have an enquiry that I require some help on.

The situation is that there's a customer who has old Victorian tiles throughout her hallway. They have tiled the remainder of the house but now want to extend throughout. The problem being that there are original Victorian tiles that they do NOT want to damage in case they ever sell the house.

Would a floating plywood floor be appropriate to avoid damaging them or is there another way that I haven't thought of? Underfloor heating might be considered too.

Cheers all!

B

Bill

Durabase stuck with an acrylic glue would work. When you need to rip it up, a hot industrial blow torch would get rid of the glue and not damage the tiles. Obviously, they would still need some kind of restoration treatment doing to them.

L

LM

Ardex UI 740 Flexbone would be ideal for this but I'm not sure where it's available in the uk, perhaps you could order it online.

H

hmtiling

Was going to mention flexbone. Trimline do one of them I believe but not sure which.

Reply to Tiling Over Victorian Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen