Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mart08

Re: Hall of shame....

He'd added the white tiles to bring it out to the same level as the shower area! The addy on the whites were still wet even after a month:yikes:

R

richie b

:yikes::yikes:shocking, so was around the bath etc tiled with white tiles and he slaped up some more to bring it out to same level insted of taking them off, is what it looks like i might b wrong, in the last pic are tiles on right hand side grouted,

M

mart08

The customer had saved up and got an extra loan for the job to be done, only to faced with that mess:thumbsdown: He had told her so much c**p that i was gob smacked, the list is endless and i would be here all night!!

ok here are a couple,

cutting the heads off the screws and siliconing them into the toilet fixing holes is 'a trick of the trade' :yikes:

the brown chipped floor tiles can be touched up with a felt tip pen:yikes:

J

jamie B

A few pics from a job end of last year. Customer rang me and asked if i would come round and take a look as she was not happy with the work that the tiler was doing, he had not finished the job and had already been paid :yikes:. She was in tears while i was there and just wanted to take a hammer to it.

couple of the pics are after i'd taken tiles off and sink removed!:thumbsdown:

I looked at the pics and saw the second one first...I didn't think it looked that bad...till I saw the rest!...think I need :smart:

S

Scott

I looked at the second one, did a double take and then the penny dropped! Nice brickbond!

M

MTiler

Loving this subject, unbelieveable pics posted. Heres mine, with more to follow.
I did a job last year that a builder started and didnt finish, what he had done was crap. He started fixing large glass tiles but couldnt cut them with his grinder as they kept cracking! I fixed the glass tiles and the customer asked me to fix his mess. The floor was p****d and a tiny cut was left running into the hallway that was also supposed to be tiled. He'd left loads of cuts undone and a couple of wall tiles with corners missing!
Apparently he'd not had any complaints before, but the customer said he was a bully. Anyway she's suing him.

missyT

Attachments

• crap bathroom wall.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 101
  • crap bathroom wall2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 95
  • crap Bathroom wall6.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 97
  • crap Bathroom wall 5.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 95
  • crap Bathroom wall 7.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 101
  • crap kitchen floor.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 101
M

MTiler

Some stunning mosaic work!

The purple mosaic I re-did, as luckily the customer had enough left, but there were other mosaics in the house that had been done badly but they couldnt afford to get it replaced. Theyd taken the cheapest quote. The plumber called me in to do it as I knew him through another job and he said the bathroom had been reboarded square but for some reason the tilers spirit level mustve been telling them different, hence the gap!

The other pic was from my local chinese takeaway I couldnt believe the mess and took a sneeky pic!

missyT

Attachments

• crap purple mosaic.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 90
  • crap mosiac.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 93

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Another First for UK Tiling Forum; Crossing the 1 Million Posts Mark Soon It appears the other...
Replies
Views
This is the A Friend of ours, UK Tiling Forum, is worth a mention for sure Discussion Thread We...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen