Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

Re: Hall of shame....

It was in a clients house. There is a large cover going around the basin pipe to hide it.

C

Colour Republic

shocking, the brick bond is all over the place, they clearly didn't use spacers and the grouting is non existant, absolute cowboys, I bet they went with the cheapest quote as well:ban:

R

Rob Z

Looks like you found one of my jobs Rob.

Hahaha Roger, those same guys used muriatic inside condo, ruined all the appliances, ductwork, elecrtical boxes, window frames, the frame for the hide-a-bed, and the AC unit. Who knows what they did to their lungs.

Why did they use muriatic? They thought that was the best way to strip the laminate floor adhesive off of the floor. :lol:

C

CBTC

Had a client that had 2 new shower rooms - fully tiled in last 6 months.
floors were squleching and breaking. Asked to redo work.
Thought I'd share what laid beneath...comments welcome.

Attachments

• PGMEWS3.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 177
  • PGMews1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 153
B

brian c

poor customer,probably cost them a few quid.nice dot and dabbing job all the same(not):thumbsdown:

D

Deleted member 9966

How much water was under those tiles? :yikes::yikes::yikes:

C

CBTC

GRR - yes lots of water; but in the 2nd room, where the build up ( for no good reason) was 25 - 35 mm there was generally an inch of water. Stank. All over the floor area - the only thing that was a success up to point was the tanking, which kept the water ingressing into the timber base, walls etc. However damp rot was setting in already in places though - so dry rot soon to follow.
Rob - yes thats WEDI; the design co specified certain things, just didnt check the 'tilers' credentials, so all the work not to any standard. They didnt tape the Wedi seams however.

C

CBTC

Yup - another in a long line of utterly crap work i've seen in the last 5 years or so. Thats without trying to find that sorta work!
Sometimes I dont know how they get it so wrong - some of the elements wrong with this a DIY er would pick up on from the adhesive bag frchrissakes! And the company employing the tilers knew a bit about it all - but didnt check on them.
Owner v unhappy - as you might be having paid out several thousands.

Only the floors re-done. What do you guys think regarding the wall fitting lasting: 400x400 porcelain - fitted by blobs - no primers - some solid wall, some ply, some pboard? No joint / 1 mil. Lippage everywhere.

D

DHTiling

I was asked to go look at a floor that was tiled about 18 months...He said the grout keeps cracking in the joints...

Well i had a look and the tiles were all loose...so i said it needs re-tiling ..possibly wrong prep on floor...OK all priced and ready to go...

Turned up to the job and started to remove the tiles....:yikes:

They dot and dabbed onto 6mm ply...:mad2: and under the ply was 12mm ply layed straight onto the joists...the 12mm was original and should have never been tiled on ffs...

Attachments

• DSC00057.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00056.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 130
D

DHTiling

So i advised that they do not tile the floor and they have gone for kardean in stead....but whilst there i had a look at his wall tiling....:oops:

And i know who this guy is who tiled it...:incazzato:and i had to tell the customer that the floor should never of been tiled and the walls were dot and dabbed as well...this i found out after a tile fell off as i was removing the floor tiles...

Attachments

• DSC00063.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC00062.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00061.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00060.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC00059.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC00064.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00065.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00066.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC00067.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 119
S

Saltire69

I can't believe they paid him Dave. That is :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

D

DHTiling

Shocking ain't it..?...they need to be named and shamed.....this guy is derek stott...AKA rough A$$ed tiler...

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks