Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

faithhealer

Re: Hall of shame....

Notice daves cup of coffee in the first pic before the first tile is removed! have to get the priorities right eh dave

S

Saltire69

I find if u say no to the 1st cup it's ages before u get offered again. U gotta b polite and say yes plz 2 sugar an milk:thumbsup:

D

Daz

Tea, no milk no sugar!

"You can't get it wrong, luv, just keep 'em comin!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

J

James Spelrem

was called in to see what could be done on this new home :yikes:
found out this was done by the builder this is only a small part of the mess. the investor is beside himself I thought he was going to have a heart attack right in front of me needless to say I feel terrible for him.The roof is another serious issue load bearing walls were done incorrectly.Now I have meet the builder before and if you ask him he is the greatest builder you ever have seen :asshole: I love how people see you do something and think thats easy.any boob can set tile . needless to say the hole job has to be ripped out used a 3/32 notched trowel to set tile the hole floor is popping like popcorn did Imentoin this is a NEW HOME.I've seen this before on doit yourself renos . not on a NEW HOME.

N

Nardini

I thought that I should share this with you as a possible winner?

This is a bathroom in a house not far from me that the new owner asked me for some advice as to how he might recover the situation (and the tiles, as it might surprise you to hear). No, I didn't suggest tile-on-tile. I suggested a Kango as the first step, in fact - but, enjoy... :D

Attachments

• San Paolo Tiles.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 137
C

Colour Republic

Somebody was busy getting sample tiles from every shop they could find:lol:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score

I will try and get some pics tomorrow but a new 'fixer' on site is less than crap, he was shown the job in the bathroom of a plot, 600 x 300mm polished porcelain above the bath, 3 walls with a 40mm mosaic, my little Bro ( Charlie ) is foreman fixer on the site and went to see how they were getting on, they ( fixer and his labourer ) had gone, what they left was a horror story gone wrong. As I said, I'll try and get some pics tomorrow but imagine joints from a half mm to 4mm and lips you could rest a cuppa on. They have been told by the contracts manager to be onsite tomorrow for a talk about quality.................... will let you know how it goes :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

they ( fixer and his labourer ) had gone, :thumbsup:

Did they do a runner 'cos they knew it was bad? or just knocked off early?

By the why i'd like to put my team 'Liverpool FC' in the hall of shame for drawing 2-2 with Brimingham today:thumbsdown:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score

Did they do a runner 'cos they knew it was bad? or just knocked off early?

By the why i'd like to put my team 'Liverpool FC' in the hall of shame for drawing 2-2 with Brimingham today:thumbsdown:

Well I think it was because they knew how bad it was, setting out vertically was sooooooooooo bad.

R

RockCeramics

Thought i,d share these with you :lol: I was told this was done some time back 9/10 yrs ago.
Not sure who i would blame here :yikes:

Attachments

• PHOT0042.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 122
  • PHOT0044.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 115
  • PHOT0045.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 117

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks