Search the forum,

Discuss Tile leveling System 600x300 rectified porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

The thing about clips is, they’re not meant to apply pressure, if you’re applying pressure the tile is not installed correctly.
A firm seating yes, pressure, no.
There’s quite a few old wives tales associated with this product, and there are many threads on here that bare that out.
Quite simply they’re a tool designed to hold a piece in place during the time it takes adhesives to set.
It’s things like ‘applying pressure’ that has led to major adhesive companies to frown upon them.
When in reality, used correctly, they are a great aid to the fitter.

G

GoneGuy

I do the same as @pdc and use 1mm clips and use whichever size spacers as this makes it easier to break the clip off and for the ones that don’t break off it’s easier to get a Stanley knife in to cut it out

S

Spare Tool

They are indeed two mill, generally use them on floors so use these clips with a three mill spacer as well, they snap off fine as long as you keep your joints clean

Reply to Tile leveling System 600x300 rectified porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen