Search the forum,

Discuss Thin Multi Tool Blade in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

can anyone recommend a good grout removal blade for fein, I have the saxton ones but they are very thick, too thick for some narrower joints

W

WetSaw

I've used the metal cutting blade before to remove the grout around a couple of tiles and it worked, wouldn't want to do loads like that though!

F

Flintstone

Big time, I avoid it. Although yesterday I went to re grout a 35m polished porc floor for a regular customer, he said grout was failing and the manufacturers had been out etc. I lifted a tile, turns out, was an anhydrite screed and they didn't realise when tiling it, was agreed concrete was going in before hand. Didn't end up doing the re grout!

S

Stef

Big time, I avoid it. Although yesterday I went to re grout a 35m polished porc floor for a regular customer, he said grout was failing and the manufacturers had been out etc. I lifted a tile, turns out, was an anhydrite screed and they didn't realise when tiling it, was agreed concrete was going in before hand. Didn't end up doing the re grout!
How easy did the tile come up?
I tested tiles on a Gyvlon screed before, primed & un primed using a cement based addy & they came up as clean as a whistle.

F

Flintstone

They came up clean, back of tile looked like 100% coverage as it had a layer of the screed stuck to it or a skin of primer, or both: the floor was so clean it was like nothing had touched it. Came up easy just with a sucker I use for drill guide

Reply to Thin Multi Tool Blade in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Nice forum you have here. Seems very helpful. I have some work coming up soon so will post in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen