Search the forum,

Discuss Therma coat (liquid) or Foam?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbro

Hi Folks.
Firstly thanks for taking the time to read this. I will be fitting underfloor heating into my kitchen/diner and conservatory. Both have a wooden joist floor and boards on top. I need to keep the hight down as much as possible but obviously need some form of insulation. The conservatory has good foam insulation under the floor (about a foot) but there is nothing under the kitchen diner. The floor space is about 25m square in total.

What i need advice on is whether the Therma coat stuff is any good and how much of a benefit will 6mm foam give anyway? As i said i need to keep the floor height down and with 6mm tiles, 3mm adhesive, 3mm underfloor heating, 6mm insulation and 3mm adhesive to bond that to the floor we are already at quite a height.

Any advice on keeping height and costs down would be grately appreciated!!
Thanks
Rob

pete f

TF
Arms
Reaction score
the thermo boards work fine the 6mm plus 3mm for addy is a lot lower than 18mm ply which is the other alternative i take it you are relating to the thermo boards when you say foam

R

robbro

Tanks for that pete. Yeah i do mean the thermo board when i said foam. Do you know anyone who has used the Thermo Coat liquid stuff? Also what would you say to me pulling up the floorboards and puttig 18mm ply down in its place instead of the adhesive and thermo boards on top of the floorboards.
Rob

pete f

TF
Arms
Reaction score
even better idea make sure they are screwed down securely plenty of screws into joists stick the boards down with flexi addy :thumbsup:

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
We did look at the thermal primer when it first came out, the boffins at the factory decided that the effect of it was marginal and that a layer of insulation is a much better solution.

Reply to Therma coat (liquid) or Foam?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I came across this forum searching for info so my first post. I'm renovating 1890's...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen