Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Storing Trowels in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LM

Hi guys, just thought I'd ask the question, what way do you store your notched trowels in your van. I was sorting my van out today while I'm off and was just wondering if it's a good old bucket with the trowels upright in it for you, or have any of you any ingenious ways that would be new to the rest of us?

W

White Room

I made up some timber on the bulk head of the van and all my trowels slide into that.

O

Old Mod

Bucket for me Lee, in which I slice my hands everytime I do a lucky dip for a trowel!

But for me the most burning question is..........

Why when u meticulously dry your trowels, do some still rust!
Are they just that cheap? Haha

Q

Qwerty

I keep all mine in a stackable toolbox in the van. Let them dry first then away neatly they go!

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had a mate in the building trade he told me to spray a film of wd 40 on the face, stops them rusting. Then just give them a wipe with a cloth and good for next time. I've also used silicone based spray called gt, designed for bike chains and protects bike frames, stored in a nice cracked orange bucket, hung on the side. Do like the idea of storing them to the side of the van.

I

Italy

Bucket for me Lee, in which I slice my hands everytime I do a lucky dip for a trowel!

But for me the most burning question is..........

Why when u meticulously dry your trowels, do some still rust!
Are they just that cheap? Haha
First the rust because little use.
the second you buying the quality !!! lol

O

Old Mod

First the rust because little use.
the second you buying the quality !!! lol

Little use?
You are probably correct my friend! :rolleyes:

Only trowel not rust?...........

A favourite for you Antonio!..........Bisazza! Haha

I

Italy

home settle so.
in the van all in a carton
Little use?
You are probably correct my friend! :rolleyes:

Only trowel not rust?...........

A favourite for you Antonio!..........Bisazza! Haha
?????
I wanted to say that rust is because short work tools :)
you have to work harder so no rust.
acquiring quality products . lol
compry o compry pas?

Reply to Storing Trowels in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks