Search the forum,

Discuss Stone Job New Year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilingLogistics

I have a job coming up in the New Year. It will probably be end Feb/Beginning March. Dependant on finish date for the marble and shipment

I need a tiler who is used to laying large format Natural Stone. The stone is 1200 x 1200 bookmatched marble. The bookmatching will involve 144 tiles and will be installed on a concrete substrate which will be perfect. The room is a library. You will not be required to grout as I will be doing it with 4 different coloured epoxy resins. I have already sorted the costings because it is part of a bigger job. The job will involve travelling to Germany in my van and all that will be required are any tools that you prefer and clobber for a 15 Day trip if you finish prior to that I will fly you back if you wish. You may either bring your own labourer or helper and I will supply one of my guys if you need additional help. All travel expenses have been calculated and will include a double room in a hotel with breakfast and an allowance of €50 per day for lunch and dinner.

This job is very prestigious and I cannot impress on anyone who is interested that this stone and the whole project is expensive to say the least. I therefore will ultimately need references and a portfolio if possible before I can engage you.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Kev

E

enduro

So with the epoxy resin your using for grout joints, once you have polished it will it look like one big slab of marble?

G

Grace'sDad

The job will involve travelling to Germany in my van

I'll be up for it if you've got a Bedford Rascal with a grubby matress in the back.

Would love to do a job like this but alas, although not beyond my capabilities it is beyond my experience (for now!)

You HAVE to post some pics of this job Kev - please?

S

Sully

I'm booked to beginning of March Kev, so not sure I could commit to such a project for fear of letting you down. Refs are not a problem on my side but I'd also need a written contract from your side with regards to payment terms & schedules etc. I'd need to take a deposit to secure such a committment as well.

Leave it with me and I may be in touch :thumbsup:

E

enduro

Nice Job!!! ....wee question - what do you mean by "bookmatching" ???
Probably the easiest way to describe this is it's the Mable is cut from a slab then cut into smaller pieces and when these are laid they have to go back together exactly the same way, so there isnt a break in any natural markings in the stone, bit like a jigsaw puzzle. :thumbsup:

T

TilingLogistics

I'll be up for it if you've got a Bedford Rascal with a grubby matress in the back.

Would love to do a job like this but alas, although not beyond my capabilities it is beyond my experience (for now!)

You HAVE to post some pics of this job Kev - please?

I will only be able to point you to the pictures as I am also sub contracted but every company will be attributed with their own work in the article.

Kev

T

TilingLogistics

I'm booked to beginning of March Kev, so not sure I could commit to such a project for fear of letting you down. Refs are not a problem on my side but I'd also need a written contract from your side with regards to payment terms & schedules etc. I'd need to take a deposit to secure such a committment as well.

Well thanks! If you do find yourself free let me know and PM me or e mail me with all large format book matched work you have done to date:thumbsup:

Kev

T

TilingLogistics

Probably the easiest way to describe this is it's the Mable is cut from a slab then cut into smaller pieces and when these are laid they have to go back together exactly the same way, so there isnt a break in any natural markings in the stone, bit like a jigsaw puzzle. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Kev

T

TilingLogistics

The terms are set there are no advance payments but there are also no costs either for the fixer everything is taken care of including all travel and expenses as per the post.:thumbsup:

Kev

D

DHTiling

Heres some samples of Bookmatching marble....

CIMG0432.JPG
january%2007%20002.jpg
january%2007%20003.jpg
january%2007%20004.jpg

Reply to Stone Job New Year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen