Discuss Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

Sticks like sh** would be fine

that a guess @Plan Tec Tiling ? Or have you spoken to @Mapei UK Marketing or ‘sticks like S**t’ about using that product for this application?

if you are going to advise using a product which you don't know will work it would be a good idea to say so @Plan Tec Tiling.

we wouldn't want someone to take advice which turned out not to work would we

*when I say ‘we’ I’m speaking on behalf of lots of other people too ;)

W out:praying:

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
CT1 or Sticks Like S**t.

D

Dumbo

Lesson learnt by me from @Plan Tec Tiling . Test . Get some spare plaster board , tank it , stick some pvc on using different adhesives and see if any fail or work . Then you are good to go . Also please post results .

Q

Qwerty

@Waluigi , you've been told before about personal attacks of members including staff. A simple 'disagree' would suffice, I know you know where the button is!

And yes, I've even stuck Bushboard to Mapei tanked walls and skeilings with sticks like sh** and it works! So my advice is sound. Is it what @Mapei UK Marketing would recommend, probably not. Does it work, yes. Have I done it myself, yes.

Shame I didnt receive this a few hours ago as I spent most of the day with Nick & Alan from Mapei and we had similar conversations on other applications throughout the day.

W

Waluigi

Dear oh Dear. Nobody understands.

I literally posted the identical thing that Julian Sidney posted to me about suggesting Kerdi fix which was demented and unfounded. Totally tongue in cheek and Plan Tec knows that now.

I have used Kerdi fix on several jobs and it was specifically designed for bonding to things exactly as the OP wanted so I don’t expect some jumped up little jobsworth pouncing on me just because it’s me. Two other members suggesting ‘sticks like sh**’ and old Julian wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. It’s quite pathetic Julian Snidey. I am flattered somewhat though :tearsofjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

@Waluigi , you've been told before about personal attacks of members including staff. A simple 'disagree' would suffice, I know you know where the button is!

And yes, I've even stuck Bushboard to Mapei tanked walls and skeilings with sticks like sh** and it works! So my advice is sound. Is it what @Mapei UK Marketing would recommend, probably not. Does it work, yes. Have I done it myself, yes.

Shame I didnt receive this a few hours ago as I spent most of the day with Nick & Alan from Mapei and we had similar conversations on other applications throughout the day.
Is that you in the sigma face book photo .
I guessing you're the one with the clothes cleaner than when you bought them

J

J Sid

Dear oh Dear. Nobody understands.

I literally posted the identical thing that Julian Sidney posted to me about suggesting Kerdi fix which was demented and unfounded. Totally tongue in cheek and Plan Tec knows that now.

I have used Kerdi fix on several jobs and it was specifically designed for bonding to things exactly as the OP wanted so I don’t expect some jumped up little jobsworth pouncing on me just because it’s me. Two other members suggesting ‘sticks like sh**’ and old Julian wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. It’s quite pathetic Julian Snidey. I am flattered somewhat though :tearsofjoy:

@Waluigi the difference is Geoff has a proven record on giving the correct advice, your record has yet to be proven.
I asked you if the advice was a guess and you didn't come back and to explain your reasoning behind that advice, hence I said what I said.
if you are to remain here you should rethink your attitude, the way you interact with members, the advice you give and how it is given.
you really are a total knob alot of the time and the sooner you get removed from this site the better imho.

perhaps we should have a poll ? Should @Waluigi stay or go

J

Just Rizzle

the stuff ive used is low modular silicone do not use high mod as can affect plastic pannels

G

GoneGuy

I have fitted quite a few of pvc panels and always used the adhesive that is recommended with it.
I would check with the pvc manufacturer to make sure they are suitable for a steam room.
I have used a heat gun to make the panels flexible for curved walls etc. So I think with the panels being under the stress of a steam room they will deform pretty quick.

D

Dumbo

Last steam room I did , tiled the curved ceiling with mosaics . Maybe you should consider over boarding your ceiling with jackoboard , seal only the joints and screw holes and then tile it .

Reply to Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks