Search the forum,

Discuss Split Face Tiles - Advice On Grouting Split-face Tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good morning. Just a quick question regarding the tiles in the picture. I've fixed split face stone tiles before (not in wet area) and haven't grouted them. The tiles in the picture are a ceramic split face style tile from wickes. They will require grouting I assume due to them being a ceramic tile with the split face within the tile itself. Have you got any advice with regards grouting them, are they a pain to clean etc. Would you have a minimum grout line as well.

Many thanks.
image.jpg

J

Just Rizzle

yes grout them if your using in a wet area may want to use a grout gun as pain to clean off

R

rj1884

Ha ha loving the advise. As soon as I saw them I knew they were going to be a pain. Just out of curiosity, would you guys charge extra for dealing with these tiles due to the make up of them. The job was priced prior to tile being chosen.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I would try to yeah. It's a pain in the back side by the looks of it.

When you provide an estimate for tiling it should be just that. You could do with a bit of a clause in your estimate paperwork explaining that due to unforeseen circumstances the price may change. And tile type change can be a massive factor in that.

I'd also always try and get the tile type before providing the estimate. What if they'd have wanted mosaics on the diamond or something and you'd priced for bumpy whites?

R

rj1884

Very true. I do put on my estimate, price may change once the tile is chosen/known and that the estimate is based on a standard size ceramic tile.

Reply to Split Face Tiles - Advice On Grouting Split-face Tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen