Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma 2G tile cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Give me time neale ffs. But ye , there is a plus side :).

I will say though to other rubi users , you can see the score wheel ok if that worries you about the pull scribe cutter.

The wheel is right at the front on the handle but with me using a monti , then lining up with the centre bar isn't an issue.

So I deffo recommend this handy cutter.

C

Colour Republic

Neale I'd recommend PTFE spray instead of any polishes or such. You'll find it in most tool shops in little spray cans, I like the trend one, it's mainly for prolonging the life of blades/router bits etc etc but I use it on all my sliding tools such as mitre saws and also tile cutters, no build up and no grease ;)

G

Gazzer

Neale I'd recommend PTFE spray instead of any polishes or such. You'll find it in most tool shops in little spray cans, I like the trend one, it's mainly for prolonging the life of blades/router bits etc etc but I use it on all my sliding tools such as mitre saws and also tile cutters, no build up and no grease ;)

I have some but still find that polish is better...each to their own though.

Edit ...I had some !

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

Fair enough. I think PTFE offers the least amount of resistance of any man made product and I believe space shuttle noses are coated in it for that reason but to be fair never tried polish so can't say ;)

G

Gazzer

Next time I am in such a shop that sells it I will give it a go, If I still prefer the polish then I am sure I will find some other use for it. :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

I have to say that the jury is still out on this MAX handle on the 3DM,,,,maybe I am so used to the pull handle ??? I dunno. Maybe swap handles over and try that for a while or maybe just need to use it more ???

Reply to Sigma 2G tile cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen