Search the forum,

Discuss Shocking Workmanship! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

KL Tiling

They are in the process of compiling information to give to trading standards. The company is called REMOVED. The labour costs alone were £2500!!! I've given the floor the full hardibacker treatment etc but then noticed a lot of the walls are just hollow when you tap them, but they really don't want to start taking the walls down aswell. I have a feeling they might not have much choice soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

robbieraven

Disgusting workmanship. I just never get the lack of a conscience, how could you walk away from that. I worry about the slightest things that no normal person would even spot!

afright

TF
Reaction score
If the walls sound hollow that,s an accident just waiting to happen,they certainly used a mish mash to stick the tiles it makes you wonder how many more jobs they have bodged.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The labour costs alone were £2500!!! :yikes:

And about the same for NoNails looking at that - they would probably had more joy using Nails.

How do these people get away with it.

I've just heard via a customer of mine who recommended me to their friends to do a bathroom. I couldn't fit it in when they wanted, while away on holiday, so i didn't get the job. They got someone in who could start straightaway and guess what. The floor is lifting and cracking already after 3 months (tiles directly onto chipboard) and the walls leave a lot to be desired apparently.

If they'd have have waited 6 weeks I could have done it, now it's more than likely going to have to be ripped out. Can they get hold of the tiler now. Can they hell!!!!

Reply to Shocking Workmanship! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen