Search the forum,

Discuss Self level compound poor job? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

V

VT23

The tiler I used was recommended by the tile shop where I got the tiles from. He might be great at tiling (who knows) but he sucked at SLC!

Heres where I am with this. The SLC needs scraping up. However it cant be scraped right the way down to the insulation board for risk of damaging the boards. Having tested this i think we can scrape off close to the board. The SLC is approx 6mm in deepest part, the lower bit close to board seems firmer then the top, which is reassuring.

We will then prime and re-pour SLC to correct mix. In fact this time we will use a 2 part latex SLC because it comes with premeasured bottle. The floor will likely be bumpy and rough as a result so Im looking an experienced guy to do this.

Heres the next problem. Whoever I ring and ask “do you have experience with SLC” the reply is always; “ yeah ive done a bit here and there” or “I’ll do it but im not that great at it”. One guy said to me “if you expect a perfectly flat finish , you better find someone else”.

What the hell??! Is this job harder than Im led to believe?

Is there anyone on this forum that lives in Hertfordshire that could help me out??

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
LOL - at least the guys you rang were honest with you

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It really is not difficult.

Have you tried a flooring company? they do this all the time.

Reply to Self level compound poor job? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen