Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Indi

TF
Reaction score
Hello all

I have procelain tiles laid in my kitchen floor. The tiles are cream colour and have a bit of shine on them. Issue is they get dirty so quick I was thinking of sealing them???also I want to give them a good clean would hiring a polisher machine so the job?

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
Could be a few issues. Sometimes a fine residue can be left on tiles after grouting. This can sometimes be visible or more often it is not. If visible it is likely to be a cement residue with polymers. If not easily visible it may be polymers from the grout. To clean off polymers you need to use a dilute alkaline cleaner like Lithofin Intensive Cleaner. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly as written, in particular the dilutions. If grout residue is a problem then use Lithofin grout remover followed by Intensive cleaner. Of course, it could just be that the tile is a glossy light colour which shows dirt more easily than a darker matt tile.

Indi

TF
Reaction score
It's definitely not grout haze or anything just dirt the tiles are very porus. I have used lithofin cleaner it does a good job but I want to get them really clean before I seal them. Anyone hired one of those buffing machines and had good results?

D

Dumbo

Porcelain by it's nature is not a porous material . Do you mean it is textured , or if it's a polished porcelain sometimes micropores can be opened up during the polishing process . Most factories seal the tiles during manufacture , some of the cheaper diy outlets tiles are not sealed or if you use a steam mop you can remove this sealer ..
What is your tile type . Do you have any pictures

Indi

TF
Reaction score
IMG_20190725_112738.jpg
the tiles have a slight shine

Reply to Sealing porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen