Search the forum,

Discuss Scratched tile trim and shower door! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for for the reply chalked, what kit?

i quoted for the work so they knew the total rice of the jibe before I started.

sorry! This one.

http://www.metalpolishingsupplies.c...ng-kit-15pc/?gclid=CN-vyZWj-cQCFU_HtAodQgYApw

image.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I never send invoices. ...its payment on completion.
So much can happen between you finishing and them paying your invoice.

As chalker said never fall out with them be polite and civil. ...this will make them feel guilty.

Before you do anything more get some money off them as a good will gesture, tell them to hang on to £200 till the snags are done.....beter to chase that than the full amount.

Lastly. ...why the willing to pay if you knock some money off..? That just tells me there more than happy with the job they just want it cheaper than the agreed amount.......something you can throw at them should it hit the fan..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

As chalker said never fall out with them be polite and civil. ...this will make them feel guilty.

Before you do anything more get some money off them as a good will gesture, tell them to hang on to £200 till the snags are done.....beter to chase that than the full amount.

Lastly. ...why the willing to pay if you knock some money off..? That just tells me there more than happy with the job they just want it cheaper than the agreed amount.......something you can throw at them should it hit the fan..

R

Russell brown

They were more than happy with the job they even asked me to quote on the main bathroom when I finished. Like I said there's a couple of issues I need to sort out that they have a point with but will take me 25mins at most. The scratched trim I'll see if I can get the multi tool behind and replace which leaves the scratch on the door which I'll have a go at polishing. I always stay calm and keep it pleasant he was ranting yesterday and I kept telling him all I'm interested in is making sure they were happy with everything and I'd do what ever needed to make sure they were. The only time that will change is if they refuse to pay then I'll walk away they'll have to pay someone to replace the tiles I'll smash.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Russell my blood is boiling just reading your post. They are obviously trying it on.
1. They did not contact you regarding the scratches they caused.
2. They want you to quote for another bathroom...i.e. give them a good discount on this one and you might have a chance at getting another job off them.
3. As they caused the scratches themselves they are happy to live with them, but they also want money knocked off the trim & door. The scratches are probably not noticeable anyway. He has a sander so he should sort out his own damage.

All the clues are there. I would sort out the issues relating to you, but I would not touch their caused damage. Take photos while the customer is present and tell him that is your evidence that he has been sanding in the area where the damage is. He has 3 days to pay up or else you are taking the matter further.

The problem with bank xfer (as I've said before) you have to chase the buggers for your money. Only this week I have had to chase a customer. They eventually paid up at 01:30 this morning after I had to text them after the payment deadline (which is 7 days)......I'm now changing it to 3 days for future customers.

Good luck Russell I know how you feel.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Russell , did you take any pics of your final job as you left, would these show on your pics( may be to small)

I had clients trying it on after refurbs, marks on wall , scuffs on kitchens. they were there before- but blended in with the messy floors, once floor gleaming everything else can look grubby so they start to accuse.in the end I took photos before I started work,of any of the major ones/ marks , or verbally pointed them out. especially up stairs if working a bathroom. Just food for thought , know you guys carry a lot of kit upstairs as I do.

Liking the " smash each individual tile" reclaim payment scheme , I had one guy trying it on , threatened a litre of stain away ( stripping agent) over his jag, got me paid- shame it goes that far sometimes!!

T

Time's Ran Out

Believe it or not but I'am a very nice person once I've been paid!
But until then I keep it formal, polite and professional.
You just never know what they will come up with to try and get one over on you.
Its one aspect of being self employed that you must never get complacent about.
However I would never want to leave any job without payment in my hand or bank, the job is complete, I want my families money!

Reaction score
Sounds to me like he is definitely trying it on to get a cheaper price.
When a mark is just dirt it proves there just picking at anything and haven't even looked at it properly. Also, like he is, they try to be intimidating and bully folks into price reductions. Scum of the earth people like this.

As mentioned, do take pics of everything asap. I'd then investigate taking him to a small claims court to get what your due. The C.A.B could help with this. £2k is a lot of money, make him pay.
Please bear in mind if you smash the place up, then how can you get any money then?

Reply to Scratched tile trim and shower door! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen