Search the forum,

Discuss Sbr Instead Of Tanking? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gooty

ordered a tanking kit today to put on my hardibacker covered bath/shower but am left wondering if ive made a mistake?

i popped into a tile shop tonight and the guy there said why didnt i just paint it with £9 SBR as not only is it a primer, it waterproofs too!!!

comments appreciated

J

Just Rizzle

if sbr isn't a tanking product why do sovereign chemicals use it. watched a guy tank out a basement with it. when they make it in a cement slurry.
it is a primer sealer . so I would suspect it is used in most tanking products

O

Old Mod

if sbr isn't a tanking product why do sovereign chemicals use it. watched a guy tank out a basement with it. when they make it in a cement slurry.
it is a primer sealer . so I would suspect it is used in most tanking products

Using it IN tanking products, isn't the same as using it AS a tanking product tho Ray is it mate.
Any two compounds/liquids mixed together automatically changes its chemical composition.
PVA is a prime example.
No pun intended! Haha tempting tho!:p

J

Just Rizzle

Using it IN tanking products, isn't the same as using it AS a tanking product tho Ray is it mate.
Any two compounds/liquids mixed together automatically changes its chemical composition.
PVA is a prime example.
majority of tanking products are 90% sbr 10% paste I am lead to believe.

J

Just Rizzle

PVA is a prime example.
pva is not the same as SBR

O

Old Mod

pva is not the same as SBR
Haha no I know Ray, my point was when a substrate is primed with PVA and u apply adhesive, which contains moisture (water) the PVA becomes live again.
Hence the mixing of the two changes its composition.
That's all I meant.

Reply to Sbr Instead Of Tanking? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen