Discuss Sbr Instead Of Tanking? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

gooty

ordered a tanking kit today to put on my hardibacker covered bath/shower but am left wondering if ive made a mistake?

i popped into a tile shop tonight and the guy there said why didnt i just paint it with £9 SBR as not only is it a primer, it waterproofs too!!!

comments appreciated

J

Just Rizzle

if sbr isn't a tanking product why do sovereign chemicals use it. watched a guy tank out a basement with it. when they make it in a cement slurry.
it is a primer sealer . so I would suspect it is used in most tanking products

O

Old Mod

if sbr isn't a tanking product why do sovereign chemicals use it. watched a guy tank out a basement with it. when they make it in a cement slurry.
it is a primer sealer . so I would suspect it is used in most tanking products

Using it IN tanking products, isn't the same as using it AS a tanking product tho Ray is it mate.
Any two compounds/liquids mixed together automatically changes its chemical composition.
PVA is a prime example.
No pun intended! Haha tempting tho!:p

J

Just Rizzle

Using it IN tanking products, isn't the same as using it AS a tanking product tho Ray is it mate.
Any two compounds/liquids mixed together automatically changes its chemical composition.
PVA is a prime example.
majority of tanking products are 90% sbr 10% paste I am lead to believe.

J

Just Rizzle

PVA is a prime example.
pva is not the same as SBR

O

Old Mod

pva is not the same as SBR
Haha no I know Ray, my point was when a substrate is primed with PVA and u apply adhesive, which contains moisture (water) the PVA becomes live again.
Hence the mixing of the two changes its composition.
That's all I meant.

Reply to Sbr Instead Of Tanking? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks