Search the forum,

Discuss Rubi TX 700 problem. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

the tx 700 I have on me van really is the dogs danglers lol, its a bit old though and the plates seem to have lost there sponginess if that's a word lol. still cuts sound though no issues with what your describing bud

I

Ian

Its the TX 700 Bri, Dont matter how the scoring wheel is set for height. The metal part of the guide passes through the cut line and sits about 4mm below a 9mm tile so the wheel scores the metal when you get to the end of the cut. Love the cutter but this problem is making me unwell lol.

Seems odd, it's not something I seem to have an issue with, get a video up an see if your technique is the same as mine.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Sounds like ur pushing down, you need too push through . Sounds silly but to me it just like ur being heavy handed. Also, hitting the metal isnt going to blunt the wheel. All wheels - regardless of cutter brand- sound sharp on the first few days of work, this sound dissapates after a few jobs, doesnt mean its blunt tho.
Diggy

M

m3fitter

sounds like the buffers have worn, replace the buffers and constantly apply wd40 to the rails, use a 6mm wheel on most tiles ( except tectured porcs ) 6mm available online only now as discontinued by Rubi

B

blue_max

I am new to tile snappers, having used el cheapo wet cutters in the past. I just got a tx700-N second hand and after my first few cuts, damaged the metal as you describe. I soon learned that it is all about the angle, and not the force. When you first start your cut, try to maintain that angle throughout the stroke. If anything, try to ease up a little towards the very end.
What surprised me was the accuracy of the measuring gauge. I have been used to them being no more than a decoration before, but found it spot on. Now I trust it, which makes life much easier than trying to see a pencil line!

Reply to Rubi TX 700 problem. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen