Discuss rubi tx max in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
went to a rubi tool demo at local tile shop, had a go on the new rubi tx max, i was blown away with how easy it cut "hard to cut" tiles that the shop owner supplied, he was well impressed, he tiles their displays,
so after 30 years of using only sigma i've ordered the tx 1020 max rubi were giving extra discount £ 470.00ish
anybody else got one? what do you think?

S

Spare Tool

Brilliant cutter, I've got a 900tx, only bought it after my sigma failed miserably on some italian porcelain and borrowed one and it sliced em up no bother...actually lent it someone the other week and he's on about selling and replacing all his sigmas now..

I

Italy

I'm a former rubi man, I'd like to buy a tz, but besides the price I like to change often and I already know
that I should give it as a present

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Biggest problem I have with rubi , is how expensive they are, that’s the only reason I’ve not bought one

My local Topps loaned me the older TX1200 as they couldn't source the 3E4M for me in time for a job, they said they have had it sat there and can't shift it and I can see why. It retails even at trade just under £900, the sigma being just over £600. I know Topps ain't the cheapest but that's some difference! And having used it I'd have never paid that for it. They also weren't the cheapest for the sigma but they offered an extra 20% off and £75 in store credit on their trade night so that sweetened the deal. The Rubi is now back in their store room where I can only imagine it will sit and gather dust at that price.

O

One Day

gw2yd.jpg

Reaction score
the reason i ordered the tx max is because you don't have to push the arm up to lift the breaker foot after breaking the tile, there's a trigger on the handle to lift the breaker foot, also the breaker foot is about 100mm wide so should break large tiles easily

D

Dumbo

My local Topps loaned me the older TX1200 as they couldn't source the 3E4M for me in time for a job, they said they have had it sat there and can't shift it and I can see why. It retails even at trade just under £900, the sigma being just over £600. I know Topps ain't the cheapest but that's some difference! And having used it I'd have never paid that for it. They also weren't the cheapest for the sigma but they offered an extra 20% off and £75 in store credit on their trade night so that sweetened the deal. The Rubi is now back in their store room where I can only imagine it will sit and gather dust at that price.
Pro tiler tools are selling tx n 1200 at £718 ,
Don't understand why tradesmen go to topps.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Pro tiler tools are selling tx n 1200 at £718 ,
Don't understand why tradesmen go to topps.

They also have the 3E4M at £533, so still a massive difference in price! I was just backing up the point of how expensive they are to the main competitor, not the cheapest place to buy them and wasn't joining in any Sigma V Rubi debate as i don't care what cutter that anyone else uses but money talks!

I do agree with your point with Topps, that's why i only bought it with the extra discounts they offered, was cheaper than anywhere else plus £75 towards materials i can cash in on

Last edited:
Reaction score
As Albert, TZ excellent got the 1300 saving up for the 800.
Can anyone recommend a replacement blade for the brickolina 150mm blade?

Reply to rubi tx max in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks