Search the forum,

Discuss Rough Idea Of Fair Price For Tiling/sq M in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well it's horses for courses.

You say they are going to level the floor etc, but will it be as good as a flow screed floor finish?

For this, I would charge for priming the floor, then £25 per m2 plus materials nothing less.

Even if it was as good as a flow screed finish, I wouldn't ever tile / grout the same day - but that's just me :)

I also don't buy into the fact that people say, I'll only pay £12 per m2 or something stupid like that, because you'll tile and grout it in a day.

Would they pay extra if it took you 1 or 2 extra days?

I think not.

No need to rush any job.
So much i could say about this, but i don't have the words ;)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well it's horses for courses.

You say they are going to level the floor etc, but will it be as good as a flow screed floor finish?

For this, I would charge for priming the floor, then £25 per m2 plus materials nothing less.

Even if it was as good as a flow screed finish, I wouldn't ever tile / grout the same day - but that's just me :)

I also don't buy into the fact that people say, I'll only pay £12 per m2 or something stupid like that, because you'll tile and grout it in a day.

Would they pay extra if it took you 1 or 2 extra days?

I think not.

No need to rush any job.
So if you did a small floor ...say ...4 m2 you would go back next day to grout it?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use slow on walls and fast on floors , a bit like my lovemaking , slow stood up bu fast led down ;)

Reply to Rough Idea Of Fair Price For Tiling/sq M in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen