Search the forum,

Discuss Rough Idea Of Fair Price For Tiling/sq M in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Hi all. We contract to a conservatory installation company that pass us maybe 3 conservatories a month to do floor tiling on. They have just stated they will be self-levelling all floors for now on so they are flat and ready for tiling. We have to provide all tiling tools and materials other than this. They provide floor tiles which at £7 per square metre are fairly cheap and of poor quality to be honest.

We have been charging them £30 plus VAT per square metre which includes the materials. They are trying to get us to do their work for £25 plus VAT per square metre which I'm not too happy about.

What's the going rate these days for this sort of work? Maybe I am out of touch but I'm not really interested at the £25 figure.

Cheers for all feedback, would like to get other opinions before telling them whether or not to shove their price reduction. We are pretty busy with other work and so aren't desperate for this job but is the £25 the going rate??

Cheers,

Keiran.
i was once told put a value on your time and skill .never go back wards every one that wants a cheaper price will ask
again and again untill you are paying them to work .dont work for the cheap as they will devalue every day .dont devalue your self it a one way street so conter there demand with i am so busy i have to up the price by £5 m2
just for you to compete with my other clients .so no hard feeling its time for me to move on .wait they will come back to you.it might take a few f ups on there cheap new tiler straight out of a 3 week course .

Reply to Rough Idea Of Fair Price For Tiling/sq M in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen