Discuss Roof terrace in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been to look at a job where a roof terrace(30m2) has been tiled in 40x40 slate just before xmas.Last week the garage underneath had a sizeable leak in it coming through the roof.Customer has asked for tiles to be ripped up then go from there.My question is does anyone know of any membrane that is suitable for outside that i can tile on?The roofers i know dont recommend i tile on the flat roof membrane they use.Any info would be appreciated as i dont want to get the price wrong

D

DHTiling

A terrace tiled outside just before Xmas..

Well i can tell you this.. the whole of the uk was far to cold for outside tiling then..:yikes:

D

DHTiling

Ok.. there are membranes that can be used but what is the substrate of this balcony..?

Reaction score
Its a normal flat roof asphalt i think,i could be wrong though it was raining at the time,im a bit wary of taking this on i dont want to have the same prob in a few months

D

DHTiling

If it is not floor grade Apshalt then it cannot be tiled on as it is.. You really need to investigate a lot further before you commit..

S

Spud

There are low temperature additives for outside work when its cold, kerakol antigelo additive allows work down to -10c:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Maybe but do adhesive manufactures allow this and guarantee it with their products..? :)

I think only Kerkol will Gaz..:)

Just to add without hijacking the thread.. it might stop frost attack but how will it help the chemical hydration that virtually stops when below 5dgs cel/?

D

DHTiling

Looks ok.. but would the likes of say Mapei let you use it..:)

And after my last use of a Kerakol product.. personally i would have no faith in it..and kerakol know what i mean.

Ok thread back on track..:)

Reaction score
Thanks for replies i have given the job a swerve it could of been a nice earner but im honest enough to hold my hands up and say i dont know enough about it.The last thing i need is a phone call later down the line about a leaky roof!

Reply to Roof terrace in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I have a small shower tray that has 4 upstands and the tiles placed on top. The gap...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22