Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Removal of Granfix Maxigrout from Porcelain tile in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

leighduffy

Hi folks, I'm wondering if somebody could help me out...

I recently tiled my bathroom with black porcelain tiles and grouted with Granfix Maxigrout Charcoal. When applying the wet grout it was a darker colour such that distinction between grout and tile was very difficult.
I cleaned off excess grout from the tiles as best I could but unfortunately left thin coats in some patches, which is now evident as it has dried to a lighter charcoal.

My question is how is it best to remove this dried excess from the tiles? There is no guidance on Granfix's product data sheets - I wonder if somebody has had a similar problem with success?
Abrasive cleaning seems ineffective so wondered if there was a product available that would remove it without adverse effects?
I have seen 'lithofin' suggested in one other post, but note there are several products available; if this is the best solution, which product would deliver the best results?

Many Thanks in advance all,

Regards, Leigh

D

DHTiling

Cement away is good for this type of issue..

As with all cleaning products , test in an inconspicuous area first.

L

leighduffy

Thanks for the reccomendation Dave, I'll give it a try.
Rookery, they look glazed to me - they have a slight gloss look to them with glass fragments within them for 'sparkle' so presume would be glazed to emphasize this.
Cheers both, Leigh

Reply to Removal of Granfix Maxigrout from Porcelain tile in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks