Search the forum,

Discuss rapid set in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Is anyone using rapid set at the moment, i was in my supplier earlier and they have just had 30mtrs of porcelain gone out, going in a conservatory and the guy insisted on rapid, he must be a superman. The pot life must only be about 5 mins i would have thought:yikes:

G

Gazzer

I had got all materials in for a job that I am doing this week but I had to change SPF rapid for Tilemaster standard set.....I can see a short term shortage of slow set adhesive coming on soon.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I had got all materials in for a job that I am doing this week but I had to change SPF rapid for Tilemaster standard set.....I can see a short term shortage of slow set adhesive coming on soon.
I'm with you there, i have bought a load for stock. This is supposed to be here until the end of August

D

DHTiling

I switched to standard extra bond today. Pleased I did. Bloody boiling in the conservatory
it was.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I try to use slow set where ever I can anyway. But recently went back to CTD to use Weber and they told me no one uees it so she only gets half a dozen at a time.
I asked her to increase the order as ill be using it, think that order may increase further with this weather. I did a conservatory floor couple of weeks ago now and was only getting about an hour in the pot, with slow set.

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Been everywhere today round my way and the only place that had standard was Wickes with there own brand, anyone know who makes it for them? not a bad bit of gear.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bathroom im on they got the gear,mapai rapid, went off in about halfa wall, so i went and got tilemaster standard white, great stuff .
Ive slowly gone off rapid this year the pot life has gone to erm pot

Reply to rapid set in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen