Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Questions about walking on DITRA in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good morning everyone,

I'm new here and a DIY'er. I've completed custom shower builds before using schluter products with great success. That being said this is my first installation of DITRA in my current bathroom reno. My question is around DITRA's durability before the tile is laid on it. As I'm working a demanding fulltime job while also trying to reno a bathroom I'm not sure I'll be able to lay the DITRA and then lay the tile on top within the same day.

Is it ok to walk on top of the DITRA without tile being on it? I worry foot traffic may squish down the plastic pockets. I could maybe lay some 1\8thin ply loosely on top of it to walk on before tile if that would be better? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Reply to Questions about walking on DITRA in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock