Search the forum,

Discuss Quartz tiles not shiny after sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zub3d4

We have blue quartz tiles on our bathroom floor. We were told by the tile shop that they need sealing. Just sealed them with Fila sealant and we have been buffing them for days but tiles are still not shiny! You can see footprints and everything! Help??

G

GAZCOM

Were the tiles already shiny? if so they did not need sealing... and did you read the instructions?

look at the bottle and see what will remove the sealer from your tiles

D

DHTiling

Hi and welcome... What sealer did you use..? and how did you go about the sealing process..?

H

hillhead

something wrong,these tiles are usually very shiney.
was the sealer left on too long etc?

Z

zub3d4

Hi, the tiles were already shiny. they are blue quartz tiles with mirror fleck from topps tiles or tile depot - they're everywhere. But the boxes and the guy at the shop told us to seal them. Used Fila sealer from Topps tiles. Put it on like it said and left it to penetrate for 12 hours then removed the residue with cloth and buffed it. it shines after buffing as long as you don't touch it.. I have these tiles in the toilet and kitchen and was about to seal those too...

H

hillhead

I'v never left for 12 hours:yikes:
After that long the sealer has had plenty of time to penetrate! too long maybe.

Z

zub3d4

:yikes: omg I used Fila Granite Impregnator Sealer as directed by the shop and I'm looking at the tin now and it says leave on for 12 hours and wipe off with dry cloth!! :( What to do now?

Reply to Quartz tiles not shiny after sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen