Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing for Marble Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bhoystris

Hi all, just wondering how much extra to charge for a marble floor. Customer has bought 30 x 30 light grey/yellow marble floor tiles for her kitchen about 10sqm. Was under the impression she was getting 60 x 30 porcelain tiles but changed her mind at last minute. I had already quoted her for the job thinking she was getting the porcelain tile. I did expalin to her the difference being that i would have to use my wet saw for all cuts, the adhesive will be more expensive white powder marble stuff, and they will have to be sealed twice. However ive not said to her how much extra it will be and she hasn't asked. I assume she thinks she is getting it done for the price originaly quoted. Oh dear! By the way i quoted £200 for the job including materials!!! A friend of a friend.

S

sWe

I'd probably add about 30% on the labour, depending on the nature and quality of the tiles, and then just add the increased cost of the addy and sealant to the materials part of the fee. This would depend on me being able to do the job in about the same number of working days though. If there was an added day, I'd add a days rate to the original labour fee, plus a percentage for the increased difficulty level when working with natural stone.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TilingLogistics

Hi all, just wondering how much extra to charge for a marble floor. Customer has bought 30 x 30 light grey/yellow marble floor tiles for her kitchen about 10sqm. Was under the impression she was getting 60 x 30 porcelain tiles but changed her mind at last minute. I had already quoted her for the job thinking she was getting the porcelain tile. I did expalin to her the difference being that i would have to use my wet saw for all cuts, the adhesive will be more expensive white powder marble stuff, and they will have to be sealed twice. However ive not said to her how much extra it will be and she hasn't asked. I assume she thinks she is getting it done for the price originaly quoted. Oh dear! By the way i quoted £200 for the job including materials!!! A friend of a friend.

I would just add £100 on or whatever you can get away with!!! After all you did the damage quoting her £200 in the first place and the job is going to cost you either way:thumbsup:

You get a good mixture of work according to your history. Tumbled marble, Glass blocks and large format porcelain I am surprised you are so cheap in the first place.

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GRAYLIN

I also provide a qoute detailing the job ie. tile type to be fixed.
I charge £30 - £35 /m2 for natural stone, more depending on situation.
I would add extra £100 plus increase in material costs.
Business is a big learning curve, stupidity comes when you do it twice.
Good Luck.

B

Bhoystris

Thanks for your input guys, always good to here from more experienced tilers. Think i still have alot to learn when it comes to pricing for jobs. You learn by your mistakes they say. I layed about 7 sqm today because i had a late start, going back tomorrow to finish off. What i have noticed is alot of the tiles are not equal size, ranging from 3mm max. Is this the case with alot of natural stone? Trying my best to space out equally but its bloody annoyingly difficult, especially with marble when you want a tight grout line. Hopefully the customer will like the results.

D

Daz

You must like your friends friends!

I think it's all been said, even £20m2 for large format porcelain is keen, as for natural stone......you'll give good tilers a bad name!!!

B

Bhoystris

Dont worry Captain it won't happen again. I feel bad asking for more when i have already quoted thinking she was getting porcelain. Anyway she is aware of the situation, shall see if she wants to pay more on pay day.

T

Turkish

Christ! I recently put a quote in for natural stone mosaics on a splashback at £55 per sqm!!! Guess i won`t get that then! But i ain`t doing it for less:smile5:

Turkish

Reply to Pricing for Marble Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen