Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelthin Advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
got a job coming up and the customer just told me he's getting 2.4x0.8 porcelthin tiles. He tried telling me it will be quicker to tile as there so big After a bit of advice as I've never fitted anything this big on walls or floor before. I'll be using slowset and serrating wall and tile. Would you recommend lash clips or not?

O

Old Mod

They won't be Porcelthin.
Largest size Ray does is 1800x900x5.4mm
But nevertheless, some form of levelling clip would often be used.
Quicker than what exactly? Haha
Just make sure your prep is the best u can get it, there's no packing out with thin porcelain.
You want perfectly flat substrates.

O

One Day

Could be grespania's coverlam or Porcelanosa x-lite? Either way, if you've not handled them before, you really don't want to go in blind. Have you thought how you'll actually carry them or lower or raise them into position?!

wayne

TF
Reaction score
There's two of us on the job for lifting,carrying etc... Walls are all new flat hardiebacker. Fitted the 1200x800 before so I was just making sure there was nothing extra I needed to know cheers

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

got a job coming up and the customer just told me he's getting 2.4x0.8 porcelthin tiles. He tried telling me it will be quicker to tile as there so big After a bit of advice as I've never fitted anything this big on walls or floor before. I'll be using slowset and serrating wall and tile. Would you recommend lash clips or not?
hi wayne i would not recommend serrating the wall and the tile you will find the hydrolics of moving the tile with two layers of adhesive back breaking on a tile that size and you will not get a full bed and with the adhesive so thick as it drys out it could well pull the tile out of shape .on a tile that size you will need to prime the wall
to slow the adhesive down to give you more working time .the adhesive should be a wet mix to the max with water .next
serrate one way with the ribs top to bottom to break the ribs you want to move the tile left to right .next you need to
flat scim the back of the tile 1mm will do. this will stop the adhesive grabbing the tile and will help roll over the adhesive ribs so the tile floats into position .you are welcome to give me a call. or pop in for a little training

Reply to Porcelthin Advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen