Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Tiling to Brickwork and building up height within Fireplace in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richouse

Hi,

Im trying to identify the best method to do 2 tasks prior to installing a wood burning stove within an existing brick chimney. Ultimately I want to have porcelain tiels on the hearth and around the inside of the brick chimney.

1. Build up the height of the fireplace hearth by around an inch. It is currently gloss painted concrete, I would normally screed with a cement/sand mix, but cannot wait a few weeks to dry, I was considering cement boards, but welcome thoughts on alternatives.

2. Tling around the edge and rear of the chimney. The brick is quite uneven with remnants of the lime mortar which needs leveling before tiling. Again screed could work but would i need to leave for several weeks to dry before tiling?

Any experience/thoughts appreciated.

P

Perry

Re: Porcelain Tiling to Brickwork and building up height within Firepl

1 cheap paving slabs
2 skim it with a thick bed adhesive first :hurray:

what's your address so i can put the invoice in the post lol

R

richouse

Re: Porcelain Tiling to Brickwork and building up height within Firepl

Awesome! Thanks

Reply to Porcelain Tiling to Brickwork and building up height within Fireplace in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen