Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Porcelain tile chip repair... in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
IMG_20171118_163002.png

O

Old Mod

Not very deep..... Just the glaze chipped
That kit looks like it’ll be difficult to use on an edge mate, cos it’s more or less a thick liquid. That’s why they demo a hole in middle of the tile.
I think it’ll require building up layer at a time.
Don’t know how resilient it would be on an edge.
Is it a resin?
Watched the video, didn’t notice if it was or not.
A resin will have strength.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What’s that Martin?

It's a set that I found on amazon. I think it's German. You get a hot spatula powered by batteries along with a selection of different coloured resins. You start with lighter colours as a base then add dark colour until it matches the tiles.

There is a video on Youtube I believe.

I've used it to fill holes and chips and been pretty successful with it. I had to move a mirror on some porcelanosa tiles recently and when I filled the holes it was very difficult to spot them even close up.

Building up the edge of a tile is harder but possible. I added a spot of super glue to the chip then added the resin to give it strength. Then some light sanding and hey presto saved myself a lot of time and effort.

I

Italy

It's a set that I found on amazon. I think it's German. You get a hot spatula powered by batteries along with a selection of different coloured resins. You start with lighter colours as a base then add dark colour until it matches the tiles.

There is a video on Youtube I believe.

I've used it to fill holes and chips and been pretty successful with it. I had to move a mirror on some porcelanosa tiles recently and when I filled the holes it was very difficult to spot them even close up.

Building up the edge of a tile is harder but possible. I added a spot of super glue to the chip then added the resin to give it strength. Then some light sanding and hey presto saved myself a lot of time and effort.
ordered 2 hours ago, I'll try

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I sent the pic to the invisible repair man and he wanted nearly £200 just to repair that one chip...!!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That's something worth having

Reply to Porcelain tile chip repair... in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks