Search the forum,

Discuss plastic ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I keep getting sales calls about nicobond plastic ply ,I have explained to the rep who calls me that at £8.50 sqm trade its too expensive and i am not convinced that the product has any real benefits over uncoupling matting which i pay less than £4.50 a metre for and plastic ply seems actually an inferior product imo ,I offered to try it out for free but this offer was rejected, I know over 100 tilers and none of them has ever used this product ,has any tiler on this forum actually used it ? honest feedback would be appreciated

G

garretridge

with you on this one never used it either uncoupling mats are spot on dont see the need to change!:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

I think there have been a few members that have tried it but I dont think the outcome was that favourable.

S

Stewart

I tiler I know swears by it, but I'm not convinced. Did a rip out this year of a trav floor that had been laid onto plastic ply and the whole thing failed.

A few pics of the trav i lifted in less than an hour for the whole floor.

James 002.jpg James 001.jpg James 003.jpg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Gary, I have made my veiws about this stuff clear in past posts, It is as much use as a chocolate fireguard imo. Strictly for the DIY market:ban:

Reply to plastic ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen