Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss plastic ply in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

I keep getting sales calls about nicobond plastic ply ,I have explained to the rep who calls me that at £8.50 sqm trade its too expensive and i am not convinced that the product has any real benefits over uncoupling matting which i pay less than £4.50 a metre for and plastic ply seems actually an inferior product imo ,I offered to try it out for free but this offer was rejected, I know over 100 tilers and none of them has ever used this product ,has any tiler on this forum actually used it ? honest feedback would be appreciated

G

garretridge

with you on this one never used it either uncoupling mats are spot on dont see the need to change!:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

I think there have been a few members that have tried it but I dont think the outcome was that favourable.

S

Stewart

I tiler I know swears by it, but I'm not convinced. Did a rip out this year of a trav floor that had been laid onto plastic ply and the whole thing failed.

A few pics of the trav i lifted in less than an hour for the whole floor.

James 002.jpg James 001.jpg James 003.jpg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Gary, I have made my veiws about this stuff clear in past posts, It is as much use as a chocolate fireguard imo. Strictly for the DIY market:ban:

C

Colour Republic

Gary, I have made my veiws about this stuff clear in past posts, It is as much use as a chocolate fireguard imo. Strictly for the DIY market:ban:

I know what you mean Phil but they don't appear to be going after that market they want the trade so must believe in the product. I'm sure Nicobond won't thank my for this but i'm not really sure what sticky backed plastic is really gonna do :confused:

S

Scott

I know what you mean Phil but they don't appear to be going after that market they want the trade so must believe in the product. I'm sure Nicobond won't thank my for this but i'm not really sure what sticky backed plastic is really gonna do :confused:

Its great on Blue Peter!

I havent used it,seen it nor want to looks too weak to be any good.

Reply to plastic ply in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks