Search the forum,

Discuss plasterboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
anyone on here prime plasterboard when using bucket gear? one tiler i worked with did all the time but the other one said there was no need.

P

Perry

i don't but i use cement based but i believe bal adhesives you don't need to prime plasterboard but check with the adhesive manufacture you are using :pete

B

brummie tiler

never primed plasterboard walls, and have never had a problem and i mostly use mapie tubbed

W

White Room

Not with tubbed stuff but with powdered I would, worked with some russian plasterer's they pva'd all their plasterboard before skimming.:huh2:

V

Varley

I'm with Gaz, I prime absolutely eveything, can't do any harm even if it doesn't need it.

S

sibs

You do PVA plasterboard before skimming. This is so that it doesn't suck too much moisture out of the plaster.This is called suction. If too much moisture is sucked out of the plaster by a high suction background it will cause the plaster to dry unevenly or too quickly and crack. Same reason you should never try to speed up the drying process of plaster with heat.
Amazing what you learn at plastering school ain't it! lol

Reply to plasterboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen