Search the forum,

Discuss Paramount Board in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Doing an ensuite at the moment, all Paramount Board Walls! on removal off existing tiles the one side of the paramount plasterboard has come away with the tile, leaving the honeycomb exposed. There are some centre studs and the back sheet is still very sound! ie, the whole wall feels very solid still no flex. My thought was to glue some 2x4 down the entire height at 300 centres and screwed to existing stud work top and bottom. Once set I can then attach 12mm Hardie. Thoughts?

Q

Qwerty

On an identical job at the moment!
I removed all paramount core and plasterboard in the bathroom. Then retrofitted 3x2 studs at 300 centres with a header and footer and all fixed together with screws. Also drywall screwed from the hallway side into the studs and it's good to go. I was able to fix my framework to the joists in the loft and it's not going anywhere in a hurry I can tell you!

Reply to Paramount Board in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen