Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Palace multiflex tile adhesive in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cox377

Hello guys,
You ever worked with Palace multiflex tile adhesive? I need it for tiling over ply.

Thanks

James

I

Ian

Topps tiles own brand adhesive, toppfix, is made by palace and it is very good. Not sure if its an identical product to the one you have asked about.

A

aph257

i hope your not using it on the floor or in a bathroom wet area. what size tiles btw

C

cox377

It was meant for a bathroom floor. I'm guessing the tiles would be 300*450 or something of that nature. I've gotta get the job done this weekend so I'm trying to price up the materials now on a serious budget :(

J

jay

if you use tubbed stuff you will need to budget for the next month when you have to re do all tiling work good luck

A

aph257

Is this a ready mix?:yikes: if it is DO NOT use it. You will need to use a Cement based flexible adhesive.

C

cox377

It's not tubbed, it's bagged. 20kg.

If it's not fit for purpose I wont use it :p Just trying to find a ecomomical way to lay all of 4SQM on a ply overboard

C

cox377

It's 12mm exterior ply over 20mm floor board. Screwed it every 100mm into the joist and added extra noggins at a right angle to the joists to support between.

I haven't yet primed it with anything

thanks

J

A

aph257

i've just read the tech specs. it is suitable to tile onto ply, but you will need to make sure the floor is able to accept the weight and there is no deflection(bounce) in the floor first.

C

cox377

Is there any issue that it's in a bathroom? Need a suitable flexi waterproof grout too I'm guess

Thanks again

J

Reply to Palace multiflex tile adhesive in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks