Discuss Outdoor 20mm Porcelain 60 x 60 slabs How to install ? Help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
What is best way to lay outside 20mm Porcelain patio,
Would I compact soil, add hardcore and compact (How deep for hardcore) then add slurry mix of 4 parts sharp sand and 1 part concrete and lay tiles on top or as someone suggested set concrete base on top of hardcore and glue down using 5 mm spacers for brush in grout. Any advice would be most welcome, thank you regards David

A

Alan Bentley

I did one last year/early this year.I bedded on to a cement base,also you’ll need to prime each tile reversel side,with SBR mixed with cement mix,paint it on,3-4 inch hardcore whackered down,i then used a resin grout which you brush/force in to joints,this sets solid,no mess,sweep up excess.

Reply to Outdoor 20mm Porcelain 60 x 60 slabs How to install ? Help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks