Discuss Damp Course Membrane Distance - Critical? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have removed my old patio 60cm x 60cm concrete slabs which started from the back door of my house to the start of my garden, roughly 2.4 meters. The end of the patio is supported by a 2 course brick container wall running the length of the patio, about 4.4 meters. I have laid the hard core and compacted it. I have incorporated an elevation to guide the water away from house towards the garden. My elevation from my calculation should be about a 4cm drop at garden end but the top brick of my 2 brick retainer wall governs the elevation height making it only around 2.5cm drop. Once I lay the slabs I would be exactly 2 bricks below the DCM. To get bigger elevation, How detrimental to the job would it be if I was to end up about 1.6 bricks from the DCM Thus raising my hardcore level slightly on house wall. Any other remedies? Thanks regards David.

Reply to Damp Course Membrane Distance - Critical? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks