Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss NVQ level 3. What's involved and how to achieve the qualification? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

baztiles

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, this is my first time using this forum or any forum for that matter, so please forgive me if I'm doing it wrong!

I have been tile for roughly 12 years. About 3-4 years on job training with no college or course experiance. My family and I have decided that we would really like to emigrate to Australia. In order to do so I believe I need an NVQ level 3 qualification. As I have no college experiance I am unsure how to go about preparing for this or if it is even possible for me to achieve it at all?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

OP
D

Dumbo

I got my nvq 3 through osat ( on site assessment and training ) .
You need to .
Do natural stone
Work with cement .
Be quoting and invoicing for your own work .
. So start getting evidence of you doing these things ie pictures with you in .
Sand and cement doesnt need to be tile fixing . It could be setting a drain,screeding or pointing etc, as long as it sand and cement .
Ps i did mine years ago .

Reaction score
When i did nvqs many 20 + years ago it was evidence based recording. Different industry , it was made up of modules with different elements to each module. They provided log books to fill in with assessments at the end. Can't think the format chages from one industry to the next.

OP
U

Unused Account 1

I went to college first year two days a week then second year on site call outs ,pictures evidence and the assesor has to see about ten jobs ,different materials ,ensure using all the right addy etc ,might be different now

OP
B

baztiles

Cheers folks. Can yous recommend any good courses that would prepare me for OSAT?

OP
D

Dumbo

You shouldnt need prepairing . They are not there to fail you . They are there to help you . Its just about getting evidence of what you are doing .

OP
B

baztiles

You shouldnt need prepairing . They are not there to fail you . They are there to help you . Its just about getting evidence of what you are doing .
Does someone just come to a job that I am doing and watch me work for the day?

OP
D

Dumbo

I had 3 or 4 visits . They want to see you do different stuff about an a hour or so each . First visit maybe longer as a lot of admin to get out the way .

OP
B

baztiles

I had 3 or 4 visits . They want to see you do different stuff about an a hour or so each . First visit maybe longer as a lot of admin to get out the way .
See if I was to get videoed doing different aspects would that help? Just incase they want to see a natural stone job but I don't have any natural stone jobs on for a while?

OP
D

Dumbo

See if I was to get videoed doing different aspects would that help? Just incase they want to see a natural stone job but I don't have any natural stone jobs on for a while?
Speak to the assessors and try and arrange them to call when doing stone . Also ask if they would accept that .

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
NVQ is not recognised in Australia so don't bother, you need the AQF3 assessment, Stands for Australian Qualifications Framework, You need 4 years provable history before they assess you and cost ÂŁ1500-ÂŁ2000 last time i heard,

Reply to NVQ level 3. What's involved and how to achieve the qualification? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock