Currently reading:
Need help with staining or etching on polished porcelain tiles

Discuss Need help with staining or etching on polished porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

daveshil

Hi all - Hope you're not working too hard over the weekend...!

I'm not exactly sure what is causing this problem but I will try to explain - I have laid some cream coloured polished porcelain tiles and grouted with limestone colour grout. Most of the job has turned out fine - but on a few tiles their are some marks which have been caused by grout which had not been cleaned off properly. These marks don't seem to have discoloured the tiles but seem to have taken the shine off them, almost like etching but I'm not sure if it's that or something else. Can any of you help with this problem

Thanks Dave

D

daveshil

Hi guys... Thanks for the quick response and warm welcome. I have attched a few pics (have to get the lighting just right to capture them) So not great I'm afraid. The tiles are supposed to be pre sealed and I have done some tests on offcuts with the usual culprits - Sauces, cooking oil, vinegar , tea and coffee (all left for a couple of hours) and there are no stains. So - It doesn't make sense at the moment! View attachment 29315 View attachment 29316 View attachment 29317 View attachment 29318 View attachment 29319 They were laid on fext setting fleible adhesive straight onto concrete - doesn't seem to any probs there - I'm sure it's something to do with the grout... It's sort of left a matt effect, or etched, is the best I can descibe it!

D

daveshil

Image0110.jpg Image0113.jpg Image0112.jpg Image0111.jpg Image0115.jpg

Hopefully that does it - JPEGs so should be OK...

Nano sealed? I will have to check that one out!

Thanks
Dave

Reply to Need help with staining or etching on polished porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.