Discuss Mixing horizontal and vertical in the US Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
We are using same 24x12 tile in shower surround and bathroom floor. We are setting shower walls in a horizontal subway pattern. The shower floor itself is penny tile. For the bathroom floors, I was thinking of running tiles the length of the bathroom but this would be perpendicular to those on shower walls. Mostly concerned about the aesthetics… should the wall and floor pattern match or can they be different?

Reply to Mixing horizontal and vertical in the US Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Similar threads

• Question
Trying to figure out the best approach to laying a heated penny floor (1” tile) in my basement bathroom. The space is ~50sqft with a shower insert. The concrete floor is level. I need to raise the floor to better align with the hallway which is 1” subfloor (Dricor) with 3/16” LVP. My plan is...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Thanks for the welcome. I have a problem with cracked grout in our en-suite shower, which is within the dormer of a chalet style bungalow, so a timber wall construction. Shower area has hardiebacker board fixed through 50mm overdrawn Celotex using turbo gold screws. 10mm porcelain tiles fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
We are in the process of renovating our 3 bathrooms. One wet room (walk-in shower), one with a bath, and one with a shower tray. They have done the job whilst we were away on holiday and when we returned, two of the bathrooms were tiled and grouted, the third one wasn't grouted so we were able...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Good morning I’m tiling a bathroom in 600x400 porcelains both floor and wall, ideally it wants to be done 50 % brick bond but I’m slightly concerned because holding the tiles back to back there is a couple of mm bow in the tiles, I’ve not used a levelling system before but happy to use one, in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good morning I’m tiling a bathroom in 600x400 porcelains both floor and wall, ideally it want to be done 50 % brick bond but I’m slightly concerned because holding the tiles back to back there is a couple of mm bow in the tiles, I’ve not used a levelling system before but happy to use one, in...
Replies
Views

Latest 10

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, formerly known as TilersForums.co.uk.

Search Forum